Try To Include Lettuce On Your Diet Plan And See What Happens After Consuming It!
Lettuce has been called “the perfect weight loss food” and “rabbit food,” but it is so much more.
With amazing healing benefits and calories comprised of 20 percent protein, it could be called “gorilla food” instead!
Some of the health benefits of lettuce include lowering cholesterol levels, cancer control, protection of neurons, sleep induction, anxiety control, lowering inflammation, and providing a supply of antioxidants.
Did you know that Lettuce is scientifically known as Lactuca sativa?
It was first cultivated by the Egyptians thousands of years ago.
The Egyptians used the seeds to produce oil and also utilized the leaves of this useful vegetable.
The plant also had cultural and religious significance in ancient Egypt
Lettuce was crisp and fresh vegetables commonly consumed as a salad. Lettuce Vegetables can be eaten directly, nutrients that many in the lettuce leaf make it become one of the healthy plants for health importance
We listed below some of the Health Benefits of Lettuce:
1. Contain minerals
- The Health benefits of Lettuce for a heart. These vegetables contain many minerals such as iron, manganese, copper, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Potassium is useful to maintain a stable blood pressure and improve heart health. While calcium is beneficial to strengthen bones and teeth. Iron and copper have helpful to produce red blood cells.
2. Increase Fertility
- Fresh lettuce rich in folate and vitamin C. The pregnant women is necessary to consume it. These vegetables help improve the health of the fetus during pregnancy and also improve reproductive health, both for man or woman. While the content of vitamin C in lettuce vegetable can enhance immunity to against a variety of diseases.
3. Prevent premature aging
- Lettuce contains a substance called zeaxanthin. These substances have antioxidant properties. This substance besides being able to avoid premature aging, also able to prevent cataracts problem. Also, lettuce vegetable also contains flavonoids that are useful for preventing oral cancer and lung cancer.
4. Strengthens bones
- Lettuce important to consumed as vegetables, because it can stimulate osteotropic hormone production in the bone, so will prevent osteoporosis. Not only that but the health benefits of lettuce is also necessary to avoid neuronal brain damage and prevent Alzheimer’s disease. See also: Health benefits of mushroom Broccoli health benefits celery health benefits Health benefits of Asparagus
5. Sources of vitamin A
- Health benefits of Lettuce for vision. The lettuce is crisp vegetables that contain lots of vitamin A. In addition to a lot of vitamin A, it also rich in beta-carotene. This substance provides health benefits of lettuce as a guarded eye and skin health.
Additional Reminder: Unless you buy organic, lettuce can contain a lot of toxins and pesticides. This is because:
- It has a high surface to weight ratio.
- Bugs and microorganisms love those tender lettuce leaves just as much as you.
- For those of you who like the lettuce, and eat it raw, do not consume it carelessly, but wash it first with clear. Because lettuce including vegetables that are susceptible to pesticides.
We hope that this brief article is informative to you, share this post so that you can also inform others about this and might help them a lot.
Source: The Health Benefits Of
Try To Include Lettuce On Your Diet Plan And See What Happens After Consuming It! Reviewed by LVS Staff on 4:38 PM Rating: