Healing Various Ailments Made Easy Using This 6 Remarkable Health Benefits of Lagundi!
Lagundi, also known as Negundo Chaste Tree, Cut-Leaf Chaste Tree, Five-Leaved Chaste Tree, Indian Privet, Horseshoe Vitex, Lenggundi, Nirgundi, Sindvar, Negundo, Dabtan, Dangla, Khemao, etc. is a large shrub recognized for its wide variety of health benefits.
The scientific name of this plant is Vitex negundo.
Did you know that Lagundi is native to the Philippines?
In fact it is usually seen in swamps in the Philippines.
It grows in tropical, subtropical, and warm temperate regions of the world.
To have in the form of an herbal tea or concoction is the best way to use this herb. Follow this simple and easy steps:
Step 1. You need to boil one cup of lagundi leaves, whether fresh or dried.
Step 2. In four cups of water let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes
Step 3. Then let it steep and strain the liquid.
Note: You can also use other parts of the plant like the leaves, root or seeds to prepare the decoction.
Lagundi has not been found to cause any side effects still, make sure to consult a medical professional before starting this or any other herbal treatment for your own safety.
We listed below some of the remarkable health benefits of lagundi:
1. Analgesic for Pain Relief - lagundi has been shown to be quite effective as a pain reliever due to its analgesic properties and has even been compared to drugs like aspirin in trials. Asian countries often take lagundi as a herbal remedy for pain relief after dental extractions.
2. Combats Rheumatism - taking a tincture of lagundi root-bark is considered effective for treating rheumatism. Plus, a vapor bath prepared from the plant too helps treat rheumatic affections. The leaves of the plant also relieve inflammation and swelling in the joints.
3. Heals Skin Diseases - lagundi seeds are great for providing relief from skin issues such as boils, chicken pox rashes, and even leprosy due to their cooling as well as antiseptic properties. Plus, the anti-histamine properties of lagundi contribute to its anti-itching effects.
4. Relieves Digestive Troubles - to relieve digestive distress, you can prepare a decoction by boiling a handful of lagundi leaves and flowers in two cups of water till the amount of water reduces to half. Strain the solution and divide it in three parts to be taken three times a day.
5. Treats Respiratory Complaints - the efficacy of this herb for the treatment of respiratory complaints like asthma, pharyngitis, cough, cold, and flu has recognized by DOH. In fact, the Philippine government is promoting this herb as a natural alternative to Western cough medicines.
6. Tonic for Liver - lagundi flowers help treat diseases of the liver. Mover, studies have found lagundi leaves to have hepatoprotective effects on liver toxicity because of an iridiod glycoside, Negundoside.
If you are having a hard time finding fresh lagundi leaves, flowers or root then you can get this herb in the form of capsule and syrup at the drug stores. Furthermore, you may find similar preparations from this herb through naturopaths, or practitioners of herbal and alternative medicine.
We hope that this brief article is informative to you, share this post so that you can also inform others about this and might help them a lot.
Source: Health Digezt
Healing Various Ailments Made Easy Using This 6 Remarkable Health Benefits of Lagundi! Reviewed by LVS Staff on 4:03 PM Rating: