Breastfeeding: Protect Your Babies From Various Diseases!
Breastfeeding is the healthiest way to nourish your baby.
This will result to less possibility of having a baby constipation, less chance of developing eczema, fewer chest and ear infections, and lower probability of being obese and having type 2 diabetes.
Did you know that breast milk is the best food to help your baby to grow and develop?
It is custom-made by each mother for her own baby, and contains the perfect amount of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals.
Remarkably, as your baby grows, your milk will also change to keep up with your baby's needs.
Human milk is also easier than formula for your baby to digest, which means less mess and fuss!
We listed below the top 10 reasons why you should do to your breast feeding babies;
1. Brain Power
- There is strong evidence that children who were breastfed score higher on IQ tests, as well as on teacher ratings of their academic performance.
2. Benefits Mothers Too
- Based on research it suggests that breastfeeding provides a measure of protection against breast cancer, ovarian cancer and weak bones later in life. Your body uses calories to produce milk, so breastfeeding can help you to gradually lose weight gained during pregnancy. Exclusive breastfeeding may also delay the return of menstruation for at least a little while.
3. Benefits Do not Stop
- Research shows that breast milk is so important that it is the only food or drink your baby needs for the first 6 months of life. Beginning at 6 months of age, babies need a variety of foods in addition to breast milk continues to provide nutrition and protection.
Note: Many mothers continue to breastfeed until their babies are two years old or more and any amount of breast milk is always good for babies.
4. Convenient and Portable
- Breast milk is always safe, fresh and exactly the right temperature. It's ready for baby at a moment's notice, and you do not have to heat it, boil water, or sterilized bottles. This makes night time feedings a lot easier.
5. Continues the Special Relationship
- The closeness and comfort of breastfeeding strengthens the bond with your baby, as one part of all the things you can do to build a secure, loving relationship. Dads and moms can not spoil a baby, so give your baby all the cuddling she or he wants.
6. Easy on the Budget
- Breastfeeding saves you money! Without question, breastfeeding saves hundreds even thousands because you produce your own milk for your baby.
7. Good for Environment
- Breastfeeding is good for your baby, for you and the environment! Human milk is produced and delivered to the consumer - your baby - without any pollution, unnecessary packaging or waste.
8. Nutrients and Protection
- Breast milk contains valuable antibodies that help prevent disease and may reduce the risk of your baby developing allergies. After birth, your first milk, called colostrum, early offers vital protection and helps to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria by coating your baby's digestive system. This early protection is even more important if your baby is born prematurely - Colostrum protects!
9. Size Does not Matter
- The size of your breasts does not matter. Big or small, they will produce milk for your baby. Breasts begin to prepare for baby very early in pregnancy and are able to produce colostrum (the first milk) from about 24 weeks of pregnancy. As soon as your baby is born, hormones begin to activate the breasts to make more milk for your baby.
10. Works for Working Mothers
- Your baby can have all the benefits of your milk even if you plan to go back to work or school. You can express milk by hand or with a breast pump and leave it with your caregiver to feed the baby. Breast milk can also be frozen for future use.
Note: Some places will breastfeed station like malls, offices and schools, so they can breastfeed during their breaks.
We hope that this brief article is informative to you, share this post so that you can also inform others about this and might help them a lot.
Source: Public Health Agency of Canada
Breastfeeding: Protect Your Babies From Various Diseases! Reviewed by Artikulo Uno on 4:47 PM Rating: