This White Substance Found At Home Is The Culprit For Asthma, Hypertension And Kidney Disease


Before the invention of electric lighting, candles and oil lamps were commonly used for illumination.

In areas without electricity, they are still used routinely. 

In the developed world today, candles are used mainly for their aesthetic value and scent, particularly to set a soft, warm, or romantic ambiance, for emergency lighting during electrical power failures, and for religious or ritual purposes.

But what we didn't know is the dangerous side effects of using candles at home.

These cheap candles we usually buy are paraffin-based candles, the most popular kind which emitted toxic chemical like toluene and benzene.

The researchers say that lighting a paraffin candle once in a while is unlikely to pose a health threat. However, frequently lighting many candles in an un-ventilated space could lead to problems, and may aggravate asthma, cause allergy-like symptoms, or irritate the respiratory tract.

Paraffin wax candles also produce soot – that black stuff caused from the flickering flame.

When soot is airborne, it is subject to inhalation. The particles can potentially penetrate the deepest areas of the lungs, the lower respiratory tract and alveoli.

Not only are people with asthma more susceptible to the effects of burning paraffin wax candles, but also the elderly and children.

Science has proven that a child’s tiny body is negatively affected by chronic low-level lead exposure. Burning paraffin wax candles that contain lead wicks is definitely in the category of low-level lead exposure.

Low-level exposure to lead mainly affects the central nervous system and can cause:

- neurobehavioral changes
- hypertension
- kidney disease
- increased depression
- phobic anxiety symptoms
- mood and personality changes
- irritability
- aggressiveness
- changes in sleep patterns
- hyperactivity
- learning difficulties
- difficulty concentrating
- memory loss
- lethargy
- loss of appetite
- difficulty breathing

Here is what you can buy instead:

* Soy candles

These candles are very famous because replace paraffin candles. Soy candles burn clean, longer than paraffin candles and are soot-free. The negative side of these candles is they will spoil without a preservative and very often contain bleach and hardeners. Also, soy is the most genetically modified crop in the USA.

* Beeswax candles

They don’t include toxins and are soot-free, don’t cause allergies, burn the brightest, burn cleaner and burn 5 times as long as paraffin candles. These candles omit negative ions into the air when burned, invigorating the body. Beeswax candles are much more expensive than paraffin candles, but they can be easily made.

This White Substance Found At Home Is The Culprit For Asthma, Hypertension And Kidney Disease This White Substance Found At Home Is The  Culprit For Asthma, Hypertension And Kidney Disease Reviewed by LVS Staff on 12:54 AM Rating: 5
;
Powered by Blogger.