Never Put These Plants Inside Your House, It Could Put Your Life In Danger



Many potted plants and cut flowers that people love to keep around the home are actually quite poisonous if ingested.

Some house plants are more toxic than others. The good news is that most must be consumed in large quantities to cause any real damage. Often the bitter taste repels a child or pet and stops them from ingesting much of the plant.

It’s still a good idea to be aware of certain plants that may pose a risk in your home. Below is a list of deadly plants that need to be removed from your indoors immediately:

1. Poison hemlock

This plant is classified as “the most poisonous plant in North America.” Symptoms include cramping, abdominal cramps, nausea, and most fatal cases leading to death. The survivors of this type of poisoning often experience amnesia.



2. Deadly Nightshade (Atropa belladonna)

Its sweet flavor and berries are responsible for most cases of poisoning. The poison is responsible for its toxicity is atropine and scopolamine, which can be found in the stalk, leaves, fruits and even roots. The poison, if ingested, causing paralysis of the muscles, including the heart, which can quickly be fatal.



3. Ageratina altissima (White snakeroot)

The plant with the flat-topped clusters of small white flowers, which contains toxic alcohol, called trematol. Even meat and milk from contaminated cattle can be fatal if swallowed. Common symptoms include loss of appetite, nausea, weakness, stomach pain, red tongue, abnormal blood acidity, and eventually death.


4. Ricinus communis

Ricinus is usually grown as an ornamental plant because of its attractive design. Only one or two seeds are enough to kill a child, but only eight seeds can easily kill an adult. Ricin prevents protein synthesis in cells and can cause severe vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, and lead to death.



5. Abrus precatorius (jequirity)

It contains abrin, extremely deadly ribosomes to inhibit protein. This plant is native to tropical areas, and is often used for jewelry and praying the rosary. If the seed is not damaged are not toxic, and if they in some way damage can be fatal.


If you suspect that a child or pet has been poisoned by eating or touching a houseplant, call your doctor or veterinarian as soon as possible.

Never Put These Plants Inside Your House, It Could Put Your Life In Danger Never Put These Plants Inside Your House, It Could Put Your Life In Danger Reviewed by Admiin Artikulo on 9:27 PM Rating: 5
;
Powered by Blogger.