You Will Never Eat Sushi Again After Knowing What Happened To This Man



If you're planning on eating sushi for dinner, this may make you reconsider your bento box choice.
According to news reports in China, a man found himself riddled with hundreds of tapeworms after eating sashimi believed to be contaminated with the parasite eggs.

Tain Liao first visited doctors to complain of stomach ache and itchy skin, report HK.on.cc, but an x-ray quickly revealed that his entire body was infected with tapeworms.

The stomach-churning x-rays, taken at the Guangzhou No. 8 People's Hospital in eastern China's Guangdong province, show that the parasites had infected most of his upper body, his legs and organs.

Doctors believe some of the uncooked Japanese delicacy of raw meat or fish must have become contaminated. 

Research has shown that eating raw or under cooked fish can lead to a variety of parasitic infections.
While cases have increased in poorer areas due to improved sanitation, it has also increased in more developed countries.

Tapeworm infections occur after ingesting the larvae of diphyllobothrium, found in freshwater fish such as salmon, although marinated and smoked fish can also transmit the worm. 
According to the NHS, tapeworms are known medically as cestodes. They are usually flat and ribbon-like and made up of segments, some worms can grow to 4.5-9m (15-30 feet) in length. Bleurgh.

Humans can catch tapeworms by:
* touching contaminated faeces (stools) and then placing their hands near their mouth
* swallowing food or water containing traces of contaminated faces
* eating raw contaminated pork, beef or fish
This type of infection is life-threatening once it reaches the brain.



(Source: DailyMail)

You Will Never Eat Sushi Again After Knowing What Happened To This Man You Will Never Eat Sushi Again After Knowing What Happened To This Man Reviewed by Admiin Artikulo on 6:16 AM Rating: 5
;
Powered by Blogger.